Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor:
Reduce Plastic Pollution
- Hillsborough County, Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, and the City of Tampa are joining the worldwide movement to reduce waste from single-use plastics.
- According to the Ocean Conservancy, six of the top 10 contributors to marine debris are single-use, or disposable, plastic products. They include food and beverage container caps and lids, beverage bottles, plastic bags, food wrappers, cups, plates, cutlery, and drinking straws. Known as “food service ware,” such single-use plastic utensils and containers pose a threat to marine environments because they do not fully break down or decompose. When littered, or caught by the wind, these items get washed into storm water drains that empty into streams, rivers, bays, and other waterways.
6 Ways You Can Help Reduce Single-Use Plastics
- Bring Your Own Bag
- Say NO to straws or Bring Your Own
- Bring Your Own Cup
- Bring Your Own Container
- Carry a Reusable Water Bottle
- Share Your Success Stories
Businesses for the Bay
- Is your business taking steps to reduce single-use plastics? We want to help you let everyone know. By participating in the Businesses for the Bay single-use plastics reduction campaign, we will provide your business with a window decal or certificate of participation, educational table tents, and posters. We will also add your business to our campaign website and share your commitment on social media.
- No costs, bans, or mandatory reduction actions are required to join. By sharing a variety of actions that can be taken we hope to educate, change behavior, and move one step closer to a plastic waste-free planet – one restaurant, one customer at a time.
Join Business For The Bay