Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful promotes a culture of environmental stewardship through volunteer and educational opportunities. Our internship program focuses on giving experience to college students in the area described below.
- Beautification/ Environmental Conservation Intern – Assist with the development and restoration of community gardens, natural green space, shoreline and waterways as site captain (i.e. Cleanups, hotline calls, data collection
- Trash Free Waters Intern – Assist with first mate duties such as operating and maintaining onboard equipment, helping unload and load cargo, ensure the safety of passengers as well as day to day boating maintenance
- Educational Program Intern – Assessing and expanding the structure of current educational programming, researching new programs and educational techniques, implementing educational programming during in field outreach programs
- Event Preparation Intern – Organize material preparation for weekly cleanups/projects, maintain organization resources and supplies, assist with day of activities of cleanups/projects, assist in KTBB annual events
- Social Media /Production Intern – Identify daily posts for social media platforms, maintain event blogs, knowledge of videography equipment and editing
- Grant Writing Intern – Identifying and investigating grants of interest for the organization. Assisting the Program Director in the writing of chosen grants
- Digital Design Intern – Knowledge of production equipment how to film and produce marking videos, assist with the creation of social media content
The individuals filling these positions must dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week with weekend availability.
STEM at The Florida Learning Garden
Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful partners with the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Department of the School District of Hillsborough County. We provide free educational presentations that follow the STEM curriculum and then students attend a field trip to the Florida Learning Garden. During the field trip, students receive an understanding of our Enviroscape Watershed Model, which represents the Tampa Bay Watershed, the largest open-water estuary in Florida.
Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful recruits ambassadors to become model spokespeople for our organization to emphasize the importance of preserving our environment. Ambassadors consist of volunteers, site captains, area managers, community leaders, teachers and environmental professionals.
The Youth Ambassador Program provides hands-on work experience, leadership training, problem solving and professional communication skills.