Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful administers the Adopt-A-Road Program for Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa. The Adopt-A-Road Program is a great opportunity for individuals, corporations or groups to give back to the community through stewardship of public right-of-ways, parks and shorelines.
Adoptions greatly enhance the appearance of our communities and go a long way in reducing litter and debris from entering our waterways and polluting the natural habitats of our native wildlife.
For more information, email us at email@example.com.
Types of Adoptions
Adopt-A-Road: A minimum of a one mile stretch of right-of-way
Adopt-A-Park: County and City Parks are available and projects can include litter removal and beautification
Adopt-A-Shoreline: A stretch of accessible shoreline, piers or waterway
Adopt-A-Monofilament Tube: Monofilament tubes at boat ramps and fishing piers
Adopt-A-WATERGOAT: Removal of the collection of litter and debris that washes in from nearby storm drains from surrounding neighborhood streets
- Commit to a two-year agreement
- Complete an annual safety training
- Hold a minimum of 6 projects at your adopted location (one every other month) plus sign up for two of our event cleanups. e.g., HRCC (Hillsborough River Coastal Cleanup) and GAC (Great America Cleanup) World Ocean Day etc.
- Must be 12 years of age to work along a roadway
- All volunteers must sign the liability waiver form in advance of the project
- Submit Project Report Form and the Liability Waiver after each project to remain in good standing with the program. Click here to submit.
How will Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful support my efforts?
- Cleanup and safety supplies will be provided to each team
- Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful will coordinate permission and access with local governments
- Teams may be credited with a sign installed in their adopted area
We are happy to share our Adopt-A-Road Public Service Announcement (PSA) with Hillsborough County for their Anti-Litter Campaign. Special thanks to Hillsborough County Communications and Digital Media staff for coordinating and producing this PSA.
Tree and Bench Dedications
Through Trees for Tampa Bay, you can dedicate an existing tree, a new tree, or a bench in a unique and thoughtful way to commemorate that special person or event, to honor a loved one, to celebrate a birth, or say thank you. Trees for Tampa Bay is a public-private partnership at work, which enables Tampa Bay residents to take an active role in improving the quality of life. Dedicated Trees are mapped and available to view on our website. Plant a lasting memory that grows.
- New baby
- Life well lived
Make a Donation: Donations are welcome to support the Trees for Tampa Bay program. You will be able to name the Honoree and send a personal message in a letter, acknowledging your kindness. Your tax-deductible gift can honor or memorialize a loved one.
Dedicate an Existing Tree: Preserve a tree in a park or on public grounds. Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful will place a plaque on the tree with a personalized message to the family. The tree will be mapped and available to view on our website.
Dedicate a New Tree: Offset your carbon footprint by planting a tree in a park or on public grounds. Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful will help the family choose the type of tree to fit the location. Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful will place a plaque on the tree with a personalized message to the family. The tree will be mapped and available to view on our website.
Dedicate an Existing or New Bench: Personalize a plaque to be placed on a newly installed or an existing bench in a park or on public grounds.